IT'S TIME TO GET ORGANIZED!
Use the 360 Home Connect Moving Checklist to make your move easy.
4 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Contact 360Home Connect for your complimentary consultation.
- Notify your landlord you will be vacating
- Arrange for a property inspection so that you may recoup any deposits owed to you.
- Arrange for a cleaner (before the inspection).
- Organize new home and contents insurance.
- Hire your movers.
3 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Begin packing items not often used, i.e... Those stored in your garage or attic.
- Make your travel bookings/arrangements i.e... plan your route, travel stops and accommodation.
- Dispose of flammables, corrosives, and poisons. Read the Do Not Ship List for a comprehensive list.
- Have your automobile serviced.
2 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Plan ahead for the special needs of children and pets prior to, during
- and after the move such as medication, food, care or entertainment.
- Create inventory lists while you are packing. Attach one to each box as
- you pack it; this will help if you need to find something after it has been stored.
- Arrange to be off from work for moving day
- Notify your professional services i.e. Doctor, Schools, Banks, Health Club, etc.
FINAL WEEK BEFORE THE MOVE
- Review your moving itinerary from 360 Home Connect. Email or call with any questions.
- Pack an essentials box to keep with you during the move.
- Drain gas and oil from lawn equipment, gas grills, heaters, etc.
- Gather your spare keys and hand them over to the real estate agent or new owner/tenant.
- Defrost and clean refrigerator, using baking soda to get rid of any odors two days before you move.
- Don't lose the list!
- Check all of the cupboards before you go.
- Take 5 minutes before you leave to stroll around for one final check.